Note: Basic shipping knowledge for online shoppers.
Below is some common operating information. It means the parcel is not actually with the carrier or shipped by the carrier yet. Under most circumstance, it just tells us that the parcel info is received by the carrier but not the parcel itself; if the status remains unchanged for a long time, please directly contact the seller to confirm whether the parcel is actually shipped or not.
- Pre-advice Received
- Electronic notification of shipment
- Electronic Notification Received
- Item is announced
- Item received by courier/Acceptance/Posted
- data centre, Order information has been transmitted to
- The item information was created by the seller
- The Item is at the shippers warehouse
- Parcel Data Received
- Post received the information
- The item information was created by the seller
- Shipping information received
- Received from Customer
- Notification of shipment confirmation
- Your parcel will be with us soon
It means that the parcel has been received/accepted by the carrier and will be arranged to be shipped out. Please wait for the status to be updated by the carrier patiently.
- Posted at origin
- Picked up/Collected
- Arrived origin post office
- Insert item into bag
- Item posted
- Processed at the sorting center
- Origin Post is preparing shipment
- Item is ready for transport
- Item received for processing
- Item is at the shipper’s warehouse
- Received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece
After the parcel is received and processed by the carrier, it will be then arranged for shipping out soon. Generally, for postal parcels, the shipping time highly depends on the carrier's distribution networks, local customs inspection, airline arrangement, etc, so the delivery time might be longer than expected, and the tracking status might not be updated for days long; therefore, please wait for the parcels patiently or contact the seller for help directly if necessary. Below we list some common information which means that the parcel has left the originating country/area for the destination, but it has not arrived in the destination yet.
- Send item abroad (EDI-received)
EDI stands for "Electric Data Interchange", it means that your parcel has been sent out, and the tracking info has been synchronized to the tracking system of the destination carrier.
- Send item abroad (export)
- Departure to country of destination
- On transport to the country of destination
- Departure from outward office of exchange
- Departure scan
- being processed for departure
- Arrival at export hub
- En route to the destination country
"Otb" stands for "Outward Bound" which means the parcel has been shipped out from the originating country/area.
- Dispatched to overseas
- International departure
- Guangzhou Terminal, left hand navigation
- Shanghai Pudong, left
- Shanghai Pudong, left hand navigation
- Item sent abroad
Once the parcel arrives in the destination country/area, the tracking info will be shown as follows mostly. In that case, it is suggested that the addressee can contact the local carrier directly for further tracking info or delivery arrangement.
- Arrival Scan
- Incoming mail
"Inb" stands for "Inward Bound"; means that the parcel has reached the destination country/area.
- The item has been processed in the country of destination
- Import of international mail
- Arrival from abroad
- Inbound item forwarded to delivery Post
- Arrived in the destination country
- Arrived at overseas
It does not mean that your parcel has already arrived in the destination country/area, it can also be possible that the parcel just arrives in the transit country.
Customs inspection is an important procedure during the transportation. Normally, after the parcel arrived in the destination country/area, it will go through the course of customs inspection. If the status of the parcel has not been updated for a long time, based on the tracking info, the addressee should either contact the seller for the necessary document/paper needed by the customs, or contact the local customs to assist in customs clearance. Below please kindly check the common customs information.
- Inbound Into customs
- Clearance event
- Handed to customs
- Held by customs
- Submission to customs authorities
- The item is pending customs inspection at the destination
If the shipments are sent to France and held by the customs, it is suggested that the addressee can get back to the seller to ask for some kind of invoice or a description of the parcel for the customs. For your information, if the parcel is not claimed for a long time, the parcel will be then destroyed. So please pay attention to the deadline.
- Customs Clearing. Missing or Incorrect Invoice
- Awaiting presentation to Customs
- Item contents counterfeit or pirated goods
- Importation of the goods is restricted
- Prohibited articles
- Retained by customs for unspecified reason
- Awaiting payment customs taxes
This means that your parcel has gone through the customs.
- Released by customs
- Inbound Out of Customs
- Customs inspect complete
- The customs clearance is completed
- Customs clearance, Released by custom house
Last-mile Delivery Information
When the parcel arrives in the destination country/area, it will then be forwarded to the final facility/post office for the last-mile delivery. Therefore, the addressee can contact the local carrier to get the info of where to pick up the parcel, or wait for the delivery by the mailman patiently. If there is anything wrong with the reception of the parcel, please contact the local carrier directly for help if necessary.
- Arrived at facility/Arrived at post office
- Out for delivery
- Arrived To Office
- Held at delivery depot
- In the delivery process
- Out for physical delivery
- Arrival at Post Office
- Arrival at Pick-Up Point
- Submitted for delivery
- Delivery scheduled
- Recipient advised to pick up the item
- First Notification to recipient
- Poste Restante
- Delivery in process
- Arrived at the place of delivery
- At parcel delivery centre
It means that the parcel has been stored in the local post office; the addressee should pick up the parcel before the deadline, otherwise the parcel might be returned back to the sender then.
Unsuccessful Delivery Information
The below failure information shows that your parcel has failed to be delivered after delivery attempt. It can be due to various reasons: addressee not available at the time of delivery; delivery delayed and rescheduled; addressee requested later delivery; address problem, etc. Under such circumstances, it is suggested that the addressee should contact the local carrier directly about new delivery arrangement, where to pick up the parcel, or address information change. Also, please pay attention to the collection deadline.
- Undelivered as addressed
- The recipient was not present
- Did not properly cast
- Attempted/Failed Delivery
- Delivery failure
- Item being held
- Item not delivered
- Available to collect
- Unsuccessful delivery attempt
- Consignee address not correct
- An attempt to deliver your item
- Unable to deliver as there was no access to the delivery address
- The address given on the item is incorrect
- Impossible to locate the addressee's place of stay
- The addressee does not reside at the given address
- Incorrect/illegible/incomplete address
- Unsuccessful delivery attempt. Notice left
- Delivery failure, Addressee has p.o.box, Addressee advised to pick up the item
- Unsuccessful delivery attempt, Impossible to contact customer for information
In most cases, when the recipient is not present, a notice will be left by the postman, and the addressee should contact the post office for re-delivery arrangement.
- Refusal of payment customs charges
Under most circumstances, a parcel will be returned to the sender for the following reasons: the parcel is unclaimed for a long time after several delivery attempts; the address info is wrong/incomplete; customs issue; package loss/damage, etc. If that is the case, the addressee should contact the seller directly for a solution if a parcel is being returned or already returned back to the seller. Below please check the common exception information.
- Item not allowed (x-ray) and rejected
It means that there are prohibited goods in the parcel; it cannot pass through the X-ray machine and the parcel is therefore returned. If necessary, please directly contact the seller for assistance.
- Exchange Bureau, has imported opening
- Item refused by addressee - Item returned to sender
- Missed delivery - returned to sender
- Return to sender
- Addressee being notified
- Being returned
- Import each other (internal transit)
- The item is being returned to the sender
- Item unclaimed
- Return to sender, Addressee cannot be located
- Prohibited articles
Final Delivery Information
Please kindly check the below delivery info which means that the parcel has been delivered successfully. Generally, if the addressee does not receive the parcel, it is suggested that the addressee should contact the carrier for delivery details; or directly get back to the seller for a solution. Sometimes the parcel might be delivered to the mailbox or received by others, just check it carefully with the carrier if necessary.
- Item delivered
- Delivery success
- Delivered to recipient
- Delivered to warranty
- Delivered by P.O. box
- Delivered to front door
- Delivered by Postman
- Delivered in or at the mailbox
- Delivered to community mailbox or parcel locker
- Properly cast
- Left with individual
- Signed for
- Sign by
- Delivery to the addressee
- To the addressee by a courier
More coming soon!